Who else needs a camera to document their finest fashion moments?
Dream big, stay strong.
MANICURE MUSE: Oscar de la Renta Resort ‘13
Oscar de la Renta’s efforts to lure in a younger consumer is not going unnoticed. Aside from the huge social media presence (courtesy of the super chic Erika Bearman of the @OscarPRGirl). ODLR extended the effort in his Resort ‘13 collection. Youthful touches are infused by way of a sequined baseball tee (styled with a gingham skirt) and streaks of neon in the models’ hair, something we’ve rarely seen from him. But as the saying goes “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” True to the Oscar form is the array of ladylike party frocks with a plethora of embellishment and appliqué. It’s an Oscar staple for sure, but in this collection there’s a youthful twist. Have fun translating this look into chic ladyfingers with the same controlled chaos of black and white embellishment.
To emulate this look, I used Onyx Rush by Maybelline’s Color Show, Floral Street by Nails Inc, a nail art brush, and a dotter tool.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Paint your full nail black
2. Using a nail art brush, paint white connecting half circles to create the scallops slightly above the tip of the nail
3. Create large dots with your dotter tool (or bobby pin)
4. Play around with dotting black within the circles— make smaller dots with a tooth pick
5. Using a slight amount of polish on your nail art brush, jot little lines of white
6. Top it off with Seche Vite’s Fast Dry Top Coat
(Photo: Greyest Ghost for Oscar de la Renta)
Bret’s blue and orange…